Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Work

Here I sit at work... Where I should be... UM... Working...

I am in a rut at work. I sooooo much want a new job, but am at the same time content here in this rut. Searching for a new job is just too time consuming, I haven't updated my resume in years (I've been here for 13 now) and I don't really want a new job. I want to be a Stay at Home Mom. I want to volunteer at school. I want to have fresh baked cookies for my kids when they get off the bus each day. I want to help them with homework when they get home from school instead of rushing through it after dinner and before bed/bath time each night. I want to have a home cooked meal ready for my husband when he gets home from work each evening (not really I'm not June Cleaver). I want... I want... I want... I sound like a 5 year old don't I.

1 comment:

Mary-Leah said...

I hear ya! I am staying home this summer and desperately need to get a job in the fall because we desperately need the money, but I really love being a stay at home mom and my days are so full and busy that working just adds more stress to my life (and I often wonder if it's worth the little money I make?). However, staying home is not all bliss - there are not always fresh baked cookies or a hot meal waiting for the husband. But you're THERE in a way you can't be otherwise and it's nice to know you can take the time to really get to know the kids, help them w/ homework, etc. It's so hard financially but you never get this time back, you know? Even though I've spent the majority of my kids' growing up being a stay at home mom, I still feel like it's gone so fast. I guess there's no perfect solution.......wish there was! If I could get paid to write what I want all day long, wow, that would be heaven!