I'm going to have to get another job just to put gas in my van each week to get to the job I currently have. I know I'm not the only one in America to be feeling it in the pocketbook either. With the rising gas prices grocery prices are also rising. Thus the reason I want to plant a garden this year.
My post yesterday said that I had never filled up the tank of my car only to realize I forgot my wallet almost came true last night. All the gas stations in our area had raised their price to $3.79 but one was still $3.49 so I ran to get some, bypassed the huge self serve line and went to full service, yes we still have one full service gas station in our area. You pay 3 cents more per gallon but it is still better than the competitor next door. Anyway I'm next in line and go to pull my wallet out of my purse to get my debit card and it isn't there. I took it out when I went to my piano lesson and it was still in the bag with my music book. So I go back home and go get my wallet and then back to the gas station all the while hoping they don't raise the price before I get there. Luckily we only live a few miles from there. When I got back there were still a couple of cars in line from when I was there before and the price was still $3.49. At least I can still say "I have never filled my car up with gas only to realize I forgot my wallet."
We haven't been out camping in our RV yet this year, life has been getting in the way. I am really hoping that gas prices don't keep us from enjoying our RV which only get 7.5 miles per to a gallon and has a 55 gallon tank. To go to our favorite campground usually take 1/2 a tank so for a weekend of camping it will cost us about $100 for gas this year. I guess it isn't too bad for less than $200 for a weekend our whole family can have a lot of fun. It is still cheaper than going to a hotel and we always have a good time camping even if it is pouring down rain or 100 degrees in the shade.
On other news Ali is moving into her first apartment this weekend. More on that later.
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
11 months ago



No comments:
Post a Comment