Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Dinner last night.

So I didn't have any meat thawed out for dinner and wasn't really in the mood to cook anything but had to feed the family anyway. So I went to the cupboard to see what I could throw together. And my 10 minute meal was a big hit, even with my now pickey eater CheyAnn.

I made white rice cooked in a can of chicken broth, instead of water (it adds more flavor). Opened a can of cream of chicken soup, and a can of chunked chicken breast, with a little bit of milk to thin it out. When the rice was done and I dumped the other stuff in and served it with bread and butter and some frozen peas that I steamed in the microwave. I initially wasn't going to premix the soup/chicken with the rice, just serve it on top of the rice, but had a brain fart and mixed them together, when I realized what I did it was too late. I didn't think the kids would want rice so I was going to make them toast and put their soup/chicken on top of toast. But the kids loved it (minus the peas) and it was so quick and easy.

It won't be a regular meal but I'll probably throw it together again since it was a hit.

Watermelon is really good right now too, we ate a whole watermelon last night too with our dinner and as a snack later.

Happy Hump Day!!!
S:)

No comments: