It's really just another day. Chaz keeps making all kinds of old jokes to bug me, but really it doesn't. My family took me to Texas Roadhouse for dinner on Saturday evening. I was given a crown to wear that said "Over-the-hill" and a button/ribbon that said "Oh no the big 4 0". I wore them the whole evening. Lots of people would look at me and laugh, it's nice to make people smile we need more smiles and laughter in the world. And hey if they are laughing at me then they aren't laughing at someone else whose feelings may get hurt.
Aly also painted the windows on my van with sayings like "lordy lordy look whose 40" "uh oh, I'm the big 4 O" "honk I'm 40". I've only had 3 cars honk at me though.
When I came into work this morning my cube was decorated with black streamers and an "over the hill" banner. Someone even made a cake with candles that say "over the hill!", with black icing.
So Happy 40th Birthday to me!!!!!
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
11 months ago



1 comment:
Happy Birthday! I didn't realize we were so close in age - duh! I guess I thought I was a whole year older than you. I turned 40 in December, and you are right, 40 is not such a big deal. Certainly not something to be sad about. I've always wanted to be 40. I think 40 is awesome! (Of course, I also wanted to be "fabulous" meaning skinny by 40, but that didn't happen, however, I'm still fabulous, right? HAHA). I hope you enjoy being 40 as much as I do. Happy, happy birthday to my favorite cousin!
Post a Comment