Wednesday, August 19, 2009

1st Day of School 2009

Kids got off to school today without any fighting, complaints or multiple wake up calls. I think they both are pretty excited to be going back to school. They both reused last years backpack and CheyAnn got a new lunch box. School supplies were on sale really cheap this year and I think I bought enough for the next couple of years for less than $40. Grandma bought all the kids new tennis shoes to start school in and CheyAnn got a new outfit that she wore today. Chase wore old basketball shorts and a t-shirt, he doesn't care what he wears or how he looks, he is such a boy. He was complaining though because I forgot to cut his hair this weekend.

Here are a few fist day pictures.

CheyAnn 2nd grade
Chase 4th grade

Here comes the bus. I take this same picture every year of the bus coming down the road and the kids watching it.
Brand spankin new school bus this year.



Now to fill out all the paper work that will come home tonight and write checks for all the school fees.

S:)

2 comments:

Mary-Leah said...

How in the world did you get off so cheap for school supplies? I spent almost $500 and that included new backpacks for all (they had trashed the old ones and used them multiple years), plus a $90 calculator Hannah had to have, and then just the regular stuff like pencils, pens, scissors, etc. I couldn't believe it!

Shelly B said...

I bought just about everything at Walmart, they had crayons, glue sticks, white glue, for 15 cents, 70 count notebooks for 5 cents. I didn't pay more than 25 cents for anything I bought except for new Trapper Keepers and they were $8.00 each so about half of what I spent was on two of those. They got new backpacks last year and although CheyAnn wanted a new one (a $90 Vera Bradley) she didn't get one.

My mom always buys the kids new tennis shoes to start school in (something she started when Alyssa started kindergarten) and she also got CheyAnn the outfit in her first day picture on clearance at Kohls cheap. Her buying the shoes is a huge savings.