Monday, May 11, 2009

So how'd I do.

Last weeks menu, how'd we do.
Sunday: Cube Steak, Mashed potatoes and gravy, corn Yep we had it.
Monday: Tacos (lettuce/tomato) Nope we ate out.
Tuesday: Spaghetti and garlic toast Yep we had it, but on Wednesday. Alyssa had Chase and CheyAnn with her so they had fast food, Chuck and I had cereal late at night after CheyAnn's ballgame.
Wednesday: Riblets, Mac & Cheese, peas Had Tuesday's spaghetti dinner.
Thursday: Grilled Chicken, rice and steamed veggies Yep we had it, but had noodles instead of rice.
Friday: Sloppy Joes, fries Had to mow in-laws grass so we had chicken patty sandwiches and mac and cheese instead, was going to have riblets but kids wanted chicken patties.
Saturday: Leftovers Had hotdogs and fresh pineapple, no leftovers left we took them for lunches.

So grade me, how'd we do? I don't think we did too bad. We didn't have three of the planned meals, but the lettuce and tomato did get eaten as well as the buns for the sloppy joes so nothing went to waste.

So here's this weeks menu:
Sunday - Dinner at mom and dad's
Monday - Sloppy Joes & Corn on the Cob
Tuesday - Whole Chicken in crock pot (I can get 3 meals out of this), with rice & veggies
Wednesday - Riblets & fries
Thursday - Chicken Tacos (leftover chicken from Tuesday)
Friday - Pork Chops, baked potatoes, pasta salad
Saturday - Get together at Jeff & Tracy's (take a side dish, pasta salad)

Today is Tuesday and I am 3 of 3 with my planned dinners this week (ok so Sunday doesn't really count since we ate at mom and dad's, but hey I planned on going there ahead of time). The chicken is cooking the crock pot as I type. We'll eat it tonight for dinner and then I'll pick it all off the bone and use some for tacos this week and freeze the rest for another meal.


My shopping total was about $68 for the week and I saved over $30 with coupons (a tank of gas). I found some great coupon sites and they actually had some for products that I use regularly for a change here, here, and here, plus the items were on sale for extra savings.

1 comment:

Mary-Leah said...

What else do you have with these dinners? Fruit, veggie, salad? What do your kids like?