Sunday, January 18, 2009

Velveeta Cheese in soup, not a good idea.

I made potato soup for lunch on this warm Sunday afternoon, it's up to 22 today so it's a heat wave compared to Friday. Anyway back to my soup. We like cheesy potato soup at our house, but when it came time to put the cheese in I didn't have any of my usual cheese for soup. I just bought a new block of Velveeta cheese for grilled cheese sandwiches and thought I'd just substitute it. Not. A. Good. Idea. It didn't melt well, instead it got clumpy and gave the soup a weird texture. It tastes ok, but was such a disappointment. I didn't even save the leftovers for lunch tomorrow, I threw it away after 1 bowl each. Such a bummer, especially when my husband tells everyone that cheesy potato soup is my speciality. I think he jinxed it this time.

Have a good week.

S:)

No comments: